Jordan Station United Church dates back prior to 1848 when a few local persons gathered to listen to Methodist circuit preachers from St. Catharines or Grimsby. The land at the north corner of Oaklawn Cemetery was deeded to the Trustees of the Wesleyan Methodist Church on December 25, 1859.
In 1874, the New Connexion Methodist Church at Jordan and Wesleyan Methodist Church at Jordan Station (known as Bridgeport at that time) joined under Church Union becoming part of the Methodist Church of Canada. The two congregations met at Jordan Station and were served by ministers from Beamsville.
In 1878, the church was remodeled, enlarging it, adding new windows and making a steeper roof. A new Sunday School was added in 1893 and the choir loft constructed in 1903. The church was moved in 1928 from the cemetery to its present location, acquiring at this time a basement level.
In 1959, a Christian Education addition was built, containing an office, washrooms, Sunday School rooms, parlour, nursery and auditorium/gymnasium. In 1973, the 1908 drive shed was dismantled and in 1986 our adjacent 1904 manse was sold.
A wheel chair ramp dedicated in 1989 was replaced in 1998 by an elevator. At this time, the kitchen was completely updated and a new library created.
Stained glass windows were dedicated between 1945 and 1986.